Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The only meaning is the meaning you make

i love the apple store! Because you can be annoying a hog a computer forever and use free internet and no one yells at you! also, they play good music :).

So welcome to day three in New York City.
Let's talk a little bit about what the heck i'm doing here.
Coming to New York is meaningful, that much is obvious. i mean, how could it not be meaningful and have large significance in my life? I completely stumbled across this opportunity by chance, by a random accident. by the serendipity of link chasing one day when i was not doing my homework last semester so of course it was fate or the interferance of the gods or something.
So where is it, huh? what is the meaning of me being here? lucky for me and you and my belief in divine beings, i'm into spiritualism, post-modern theory, and discerning the little meanings that others might miss (aka making things up).
But this kind of "discernment" takes time--i can't have a reason for being after only three days! But stay tuned, it will come. The gods of fate have blessed me. This is evident even by the last 72 hours. Here are some examples:
-When i rode the subway downtown yesterday, i was thinking, "i wonder where H&M is", and then behold, as i ascended the stairs, there it was, like a vision in front of me. Just luck? i think not.
-Today, i ran out of time in the morning and didn't pack a sandwich. despite my restrained budget, i had to go buy something. it's freezing cold and i wore a skirt (it's the masochism) so my choice was based mainly on what A) didn't look so dirty i thought i was actually in cairo and B) closest. this left me with Cafe 28, a "gormet cafe" or some crap that translates to "we are going to charge you seven dollars for a sandwich." But nevertheless, i persevered, and found that a huge cup of soup was only 3.20 after tax. and you know what? when i was done eating that steamin' hot cup of soup, i actually though it was worth 3.20. how many times have you eaten a 7 dollar sandwich and were like, "gee, i'm glad i spent enough money to feed myself 3 weeks worth of spaghetti. that was worth it." never. so clearly, my good lunch fortune was another blessing.
Clearly, with this train of events, it is only a matter of days before i find out my True Purpose in Life.
And the first think i do when i know is make a sacrificial offering of thanks to the gods in the form of a new H&M wardrobe.

1 comment:

Seagulljaap said...

You will have to let me know about your true purpose, Gini.

SeagullJaap is that annoying student who always came to have you, in your infinite wisdom, guide him to write better papers. :)